Shipping is the most important part of the whole transaction because this is when the buyer actually gets the product in his hands. Let’s look at some of the crucial components for successful shipping.
If this is your first time selling an item, you need to plan how you will ship your product. You need to decide the shipping costs, which shipping services to use and then select the options while listing your products.
Logistics Service Providers
You will need to talk to various logistics service providers (LSP) and decide on which one to use. You need to keep the following in mind -
- The LSP should be trackable online, so that will help you to know the status
- The LSP should should be able to service maximum pincodes
- The LSP should be reputed in delivering quickly
- and of course they should be reasonalbe on costs.
- Once you select your LSP, you will get a good idea about the shipping charges that you have to bear. You can now decide the shipping costs that you want to charge buyers for the item.
- Be reasonable with your shipping charges - in case you enter shipping charges more than the maximum limit, you will be notified by an error to revise the charges.
- If you are selling more than one item, you can enter a shipping cost for each additional item a buyer purchases. The shipping cost you enter will appear on your item listing. Your buyers will be charged the shipping cost you specify when they pay for the item.
- Buyers love the concept of Free Shipping, SO think of buyers point of view, check if you can offer Free shipping.
VDealX.Com recommends well established / trusted courier service like Aromax, Blue Dart, First Flight etc. But you always can use your local courier service if you know the service well.